The top two rewards that come from effective social media use are increased exposure and traffic (to your website), as cited in the 2017 Social Media Marketing Industry Report.
For these benefits, here are a few things you need to focus on as you execute your social media strategy:
- Engagement is crucial to your success, find what resonates with your audience
- Balance promotion with engagement by only posting CTAs or business and promotion-focused posts 20% of the time.
- Incorporate video into your content strategy. Users spend twice as much time on websites with videos than those without!
- Set up you social media profiles completely. Small businesses especially who neglect to do this often appear unprofessional and leave their audience members who want to know more and be involved in the dark.
- Be ready to address negative feedback in a timely manner. This is crucial for community management.
- Hire a professional who knows ad strategy. Different brands need different formulas for success, and you need to test to find out what works for you! According to the 2017 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, all plans should address five key points: choosing the most-effective tactics, maximizing engagement, measuring ROI, optimizing use of paid social media and targeting the right audience. Try remarketing tags (available on most social platforms) to reel in those visiting your website, for example!
For the original article, visit inc.com