Minecraft for Dummies
Don’t be a Minecraft tourist – get expert tips and advice in this full-color primer
Minecraft For Dummies is the complete guide to playing within the Minecraft world. With easy-to-follow guidance from a team of Minecraft experts, you’ll develop programming and engineering skills as you build amazing creations using in-game blocks and mechanical devices. Whether you prefer the PC, console, or portable platform, this helpful guide will walk you through the process of setting up and beginning gameplay, and engage with other users from all around the globe. With this trusty guidebook in hand, you’ll navigate the infinite world of Minecraft with confidence, skills, and a storehouse of expert advice.
Minecraft is the sandbox construction game that has become a mainstream phenomenon with over a hundred million players. A virtually infinite world and versatile style of play offer endless possibilities for both the hardcore gamer and the total noob, and Minecraft For Dummies shows you everything you need to know before you break your first block.
- Choose your platform, download the game, and play in all three modes
- Gather resources, place and break blocks, and use circuits and logic gates
- Defend your creations against spiders, skeletons, zombies, and the Creeper
- Travel across the biomes and defeat the enderdragon to win the game
Whether you play to win or just like to explore, there is a style of Minecraft that will spark your imagination. Create or destroy, make war or peace, attack or defend – the game is whatever you want it to be. If you’re ready to leave your mark on this digital universe, Minecraft For Dummies is the primer you need to get up to speed.
Minecraft Recipes For Dummies
A quick, handy reference on Minecraft recipes
Want to find resources, make a shelter, craft tools, armor, and weapons, and protect yourself from monsters with Minecraft recipes? You’ve come to the right place! In a handy, portable edition that’s packed with step-by-step instructions, Minecraft Recipes For Dummies makes it easy to look up the required items and figure out which blocks you need to gather to create each item. You’ll get recipes for weapons, armor, transportation, mechanism, food, dye, wool, and brewing, as well as information on enchanting, repairing, gathering, farming, efficiency, and more.
Minecraft is more than just a game: it’s an obsession. It has gone from an obscure game with a cult-like following to a mainstream phenomenon. Minecraft consists of players using an avatar to create or destroy various types of blocks, form fantastic structures, create artwork, and much more, all in a three-dimensional environment and across various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes. With this fun and friendly guide, you’ll get quick and easy access to Minecraft recipes to enhance your game and get even more out of this popular, addictive game.
- Shows you which blocks you’ll need to gather to create shelter, tools, armor, weapons, and more
- Makes it easier for both beginner and advanced Minecraft players to make the most of the game
- Playing the game teaches users basic programming skills and engineering concepts
- The author’s sons—both avid Minecraft players and bloggers—contributed to the writing of this book
Minecraft Recipes For Dummies is the portable guide that goes where you go as you create a world you’ll never want to leave.
Facebook All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition
The A to Z Facebook guide for users, marketers, and developers alike
Facebook has more than a billion users worldwide. Whether you enjoy spending time on Facebook every day, use it to advertise and market your product, or develop Facebook apps, this go-to guide has something you need. Its six minibooks cover creating a personal timeline, connecting with others, connecting Facebook to other social media, building a fan page, marketing a business on Facebook, and developing Facebook apps. It’s fully updated to cover the latest Facebook changes, including Graph Search, mobile apps, Timeline enhancements, and news feed redesign.
- Facebook has more than one billion active users who share more than 30 billion pieces of content each month
- More than 37 million brands have Pages on Facebook
- This complete guide has been fully updated to cover Facebook’s latest changes, including Graph Search, mobile apps for both users and Page managers, a redesigned news feed, and enhancements to the Timeline
- Minibooks cover creating a personal timeline, connecting with others, connecting Facebook to other social media, building a fan page, marketing a business on Facebook, and developing Facebook apps
Facebook All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition is packed with helpful information, great ideas, and ways to help you get even more out of Facebook.
Facebook Application Development For Dummies
A fun and easy guide to creating the next great Facebook app!
Want to build the next runaway Facebook app like Farmville or Mafia Wars? Interested in leveraging Facebook app development as part of a marketing strategy? Whether you want to build your own Facebook app from scratch, extend an existing Facebook app, or create a game, this book gets you up and running in no time. Master the Facebook toolkit, get acquainted with the Facebook Markup and Query languages, navigate the Facebook API—even learn how to make money with your new app!
- Shows you how to build the next great Facebook application with just basic HTML and scripting skills
- Delves into what makes a good app and what makes a lucrative app
- Explores how to create Facebook apps for marketing and viral reach, creating apps that can make money, and Facebook game development
- Reviews the Facebook toolkit and gets you started with the My First Facebook application
- Covers Facebook Markup and Query languages, navigating the Facebook API, and how to create a compelling interface
Create the next killer Facebook app with this approachable, fun guide!
Google+ For Dummies
A new social network! Here’s your user’s guide to Google+
Google+ is Google’s new social network and from day one it has had the social media world abuzz with excitement. Early fans claim it’s easier to use than Facebook and Twitter and has a wealth of creative new features. If you want to learn how to navigate this new social neighborhood, take along Google+ For Dummies as your guide. Early Google+ adopter and social media consultant Jesse Stay shows you how to get started, create a profile, set up privacy settings, chat, post, control who sees what, and much more.
- Explains how to join Google+, protect your information, and make the most of this new social network
- Explores cool new features, such as Circles, which allows you to drag and drop friends into different circles
- Covers creating a profile, finding friends, adding people to Circles, chatting with others in Hangouts, importing photos, controlling who sees what, and more
- Conveys helpful information in the clear, friendly, easy-to-follow language that has defined the Dummies series for two decades
Confidently enter the exciting new Google+ social neighborhood with Google+ For Dummies.
Google+ Marketing For Dummies
Organize customers, craft targeted messages, or host Hangouts with Google?s social network
Google+ is Google’s social network that has the social media world abuzz with excitement. With Google tools like YouTube, Picasa, Blogger, and Picnik being integrated with Google+, marketers will find Google+ is the best way to reach the long-time users of Google?s other tools. Google+ expert Jesse Stay shows you how to create and maximize your Google+ presence to connect with your customers.
- Explains how to sign up for your account and set up your brand profile
- Shows you how to use Circles, craft targeted messages for the Stream, and add multimedia features to your posts
- Helps you discover content and the value of the +1 button
- Shows you how to be mindful of SEO, so that your Google+ brand page can be found
- Addresses using Google+ to launch a product or promote an event
Confidently enter the exciting new Google+ social neighborhood with Google+ Marketing For Dummies.
I'm on Facebook--Now What??? (2nd Edition)
How To Use Facebook To Achieve Business Objectives
Facebook took the internet by storm and brought social media to the masses. There are now over 1 billion people using the site monthly, from all around the world. And Facebook, along with other popular social media properties, has revolutionized marketing. Where marketing was once dominated by one way messages to the masses, it is now much more relationship based. And while marketing used to require big budgets and favor large businesses, it can now be done much less expensively, leveling the playing field for organizations of all sizes and geographic regions.
In this updated version of the book we will bring you up to speed on the changes to Facebook since the last version of this book was published, as well as teach you how to get started with a Facebook business Page, how to create engaging content that meets overall objectives, how to manage your Facebook Page and build community, how to create successful Facebook ad buys and promotions, how to measure success, and how to use Facebook applications and plugins.
The book is written in easy to understand language and includes many examples of how successful businesses and organizations are using Facebook, as well as Action Items to help you utilize what you learn.
Contains a foreword by Mari Smith and an afterword by Mike Stelzner.
Facebook Markup Language Fundamentals
Do you have an idea for a Facebook application? With FBML Essentials, you’ll learn how to build it quickly using the Facebook Markup Language (FBML) and other easy-to-use tools in the site’s framework. If you can develop a website with HTML, writing a Facebook application with the help of this book will be a breeze.
Of course, Facebook is not just another website. Any applications you write for it will have a potential audience of 16 million dedicated users. It’s not just another social networking site, either. Under the surface, Facebook is pretty sophisticated, with a development toolkit that includes it’s own modified version of HTML — FBML — to customize the look and feel of your Facebook applications.
With FBML Essentials, you not only learn how to get started with this toolkit, you also get a complete reference on every FBML tag Facebook has ever written, with examples of how each tag works and advice on the best ways to use these tags in your code.
This book includes:
- A walkthrough of a sample Facebook application
- Specific chapters on tags — authorization tags, logic tags, user/group tags, profile-specific tags, and more
- Messaging and alerts using FBML
- Creating forms with FBML
- Facebook navigation
- Notifications and requests
- Dynamic FBML attributes, including MockAJAX
- How to test your FBML code
If you want to try your hand at writing a Facebook application, you have a willing audience, an easy-to-use toolkit, and the perfect guide to get you started. FBML Essentials will help you take your idea from conception to working application in no time.