There are more than 2.8 billion social media users worldwide. In fact, 83 percent of Americans alone are on social media. So, getting the ROI you need from social media should be easy, right? Nope. According to Simply Measured, 60% of businesses aren’t getting the ROI they are supposed to.
Although there could be many reasons for why this is, the most prominent is a weak, or complete lack altogether, of strategy. Nothing will kill your social media game faster.
Thus, here are a few social media DON’Ts for you to avoid for a solid strategy!
- Relying on spending large sums of money instead of setting goals and making a plan for the best possible ROI
- Spending money on new content, only to share once on one channel
- Failing to test content, and implement the results in future content creation
- Being unprepared to keep up with growth- especially in terms of PR.
- Only targeting those already following you. Growth is the goal on social media!
For the original article, visit adweek.com